What is Structured Cabling
Structured cabling is a complete system of cabling and associated hardware. This system provides the full telecommunications infrastructure. Telephone service, data transmission, security cameras, servers, workstations, audio/video, all are transmitted through this infrasturcture.
A properly designed system will deliver better performance and will have the flexibility to accommodate changes and additions, essentially future proofing your infrastructure.
Benefits of structured cabling:
- Moves, Adds, and Changes are much quicker due to patch panels instead of patch cords going from equipment to equipment
- Reduced Downtime – there is less chance for error due to much neater organzation
- Save time – cable and port tracing is easier
- Organization – A structured cabling system will look much cleaner and neater than a point-to-point system
Risks of not switching to a Structured Cabling System?
- Many more mistakes can be made in an unorganized infrastructure, causing more of a chance for your system to experience downtime.